Lady-spiration: Gene Tierney - popcorn and red wine

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Lady-spiration: Gene Tierney



Wealth, beauty, and fame are transient. When those are gone, little is left except the need to be useful.
I followed the same diet for 20 years, eliminating starches, living on salads, lean meat, and small portions.

I knew I could not cope with the future unless I was able to rediscover the past.


I am not the kind of woman who excuses her mistakes while reminding us of what used to be.
from "Laura" (1944)



Life is a little like a message in a bottle, to be carried by the winds and the tides. 

from "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir" (1947)


When you have spent an important part of your life playing Let's Pretend, it's often easy to see symbolism where none exists. 




Cars, furs, and gems were not my weaknesses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment